Head into The Cotswolds and fly along the its border with the Thames Plain to Chadlington & pick up the post. Return through the Thames Water Park. Easy ride with one major #wills_hills!
WHEN: +iCalSat 11th February 2023 07:00 - 20:30
WHERE:Gary Harris Cycles Common Mead Ln Hambrook [nr Frenchay], BS16 1QQ
Route notes and a variety of navigation files will be available usually the Monday before the event. Use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt.
A fast route for an easy PBP qualifier. Pass several airports along the way and see the RAF planes flying above. One major climb up out of Wootton under Edge and some rollers around halfway. Beeline to Cirencester almost as the crow flies and around the edge of Cotswolds before heading back through Burford and across The Cotswolds Water Park.
Type & Validation
- The route is advisory - you just have to visit the controls and gain proof of passage within time limits where specified; there may be parts that you'd like to take a different route and that is entirely up to you; the time limits for the controls don't change!
- Validation: Not Instant - brevet cards need to be returned to AUK to be validated; I will post them on to you if you select brevet card return postage.
What others think.
Great organisation, great route, great company 👍🏻👍🏻
Really well organised with extra effort needed to cover COVID and all ran really well. Hooked up with a few know and a couple unknown riders in our group that worked out a treat with well matched pace and great company on route. Loved the less travelled lanes and even the larger routes were pretty car free for short runs. A fitting restart of official events & big thanks to Will and helpers for a great days riding.
Exploring lesser known bits of the Cotswolds, hidden valleys, winding avenues – really well planned route and brilliantly organised for Covid conditions. Food stop at the Water Park was excellent. Jury’s out on iOrienteering App but lots of alternative ways to check in/record the ride. Weather was bleak and grey with a bitter North wind – but didn’t put a dampner on it at all. Great all round hope to do more GWRs soon 🙂
Like or loath it? Let others know.
Bookings are yet to open or have closed
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- At this time COVID-19 restrictions may apply; please see Audax UK news for current situation.
- Additional measures may need to be undertaken for a successful event and for future ones to take place including but not limited to: staggered starts; small groups; postal finish.