A voyage from Paddington Station to Penzance and back loosely following the GWR line through the countryside that the Cornish Riviera Express once took.
Extensive route notes and a variety of nav files will be sent via email a week before the event. Use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt.Share this event:
If you time it right you can leave Paddington Monday-Saturday at 10:03 as the GWR train leaves carrying the Cornish Riviera Express badge, and return 3 days later (Mon-Sat) at 14:01 as the return badged train arrives; 75h58m, allowed time 76h27m. Perhaps you could bag a stamp on your brevet card from the conductor?
An epic journey from London to Penzance and back loosely following the GWR line. Starting of easy it gradually gets tougher as you head into Devon and Cornwall before returning the way you came.
IT IS AN ADVISORY ROUTE – time dependant some sections will be Busy. Trunk and dual carriageways are avoided where ever possible but are used for short sections in places. Cities/towns can have dense traffic. You are free to follow a different path as long as you collect proof of passage at the relevant controls.
Entry includes postage of brevet card one way. Select whether you want to receive your card before or after the event in the entry process. If you select before allow 5 working days to receive, you must then return your card post event with your proof of passage and a self addressed envelope for me to return back to you. If you select after send me the proof of passage electronically; photos (of receipts) or GPX and I’ll fill out your brevet card and return.
You will receive all the details of controls, times etc via a ‘do not reply to’ email upon entering; there will be a link within so you can notify me by email up to a second before you depart.
I’m sorry but I will no longer accept postal as I rarely am able to get to the bank. The payment process isn’t Paypal and will accept credit or debit cards.
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- Currently only available to Audax UK or CTC/CUK members.
- Current COVID-19 restrictions if applicable, please see Audax UK news.
- Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have eased additional measures may still be undertaken for a successful event. Please check the Event Info Details above.
- Once payment is completed you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will be redirected back to a page saying what happens next.
- If you haven't already entered an event on this site then an account will automatically be created when you ENTER.
- You will receive a registration email that will need to be used to validate your address and create a password.
- If you ENTER then don't complete the payment, or go back, you may encounter an error saying 'account already exists' or similar. Look for the password email to validate or use lost password.
- Information specific to this event and generic for the future will be stored in your account.
- You may delete your account at any time but if you do so before the event you remove yourself from the entry list.