A voyage from Paddington Station to Penzance and back loosely following the GWR line through the countryside that the Cornish Riviera Express once took.
EVENT REVIEW SUMMARY:
Extensive route notes and a variety of files will be distributed to entrants via email a week or two before the event. In the mean time use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt, especially where rocky outcrops may be present.
If you time it right you can leave Paddington Monday-Saturday at 10:03 as the GWR train leaves carrying the Cornish Riviera Express badge, and return 3 days later (Mon-Sat) at 14:01 as the return badged train arrives; 75h58m, allowed time 76h27m. Perhaps you could bag a stamp on your brevet card from the conductor?
IT IS AN ADVISORY ROUTE – time dependant some sections will be Busy. Trunk and dual carriageways are avoided where ever possible but are used for short sections in places. Cities/towns can have dense traffic. You are free to follow a different path as long as you collect proof of passage at the relevant controls.
- If you are not an Audax UK or affiliated CTC/CUK member Temporary Membership is required for the event; please select below.
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- At this time COVID-19 restrictions may apply; please see Audax UK news for current situation.
- Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have eased additional measures may still be undertaken for a successful event. Please check the Event Info Details above.
- Once payment is completed you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will be redirected back to a page saying what happens next. Please take the time to read so you don't worry about receiving the final route details. I'm working on making the information available here.
- If you don't have an account one will be created upon entry to store all your information specific to this event and generic for the future. You will receive an email with a password. You may delete your account but if you do so before the event you remove yourself from the entry list.
- A unique email is required per booking person until I have time to figure how to enable multiple bookings in an efficient manner.
- If you start without an account and press 'Enter' then don't complete the payment or go back you may encounter an error saying 'account already exists' or similar. Look for the password email to log in.
- If you are a returning rider and you haven't used the password email from previous you may need to use the 'forgotten password' function.
- Account login etc on desktop is on the right or in the footer. On mobile/tablet it is adaptive depending on screen size and may be found in the hamburger menu or footer.