Remember your granny, you are going to need it! An outing into the Cotswolds; big hills, little hills and more #wills_hills with chocolate box villages interspersed. You may use my name in vain.
Extensive route notes and a variety of nav files will be sent via email a week before the event. Use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt.Share this event:
An Imperial Century Grimpeur showcasing the Cotswolds. Starting from Frenchay, North Bristol you’ll make a beeline to Wootton-under-Edge where the fun begins! Dropping down into old mill towns and climbing back out again you make your way north to Cheltenham. Turn and climb up again into the Cotswolds to Northleach. Then cruise (well almost) through picturesque countryside and villages before entering the valleys and mill towns again for a visit to Dursley. Hold onto your hats and engage low gear for the final steep one before a quick return and some pub grub.
You may start any where on the route but you must get proof of passage when you start and finish.
Entry includes postage of brevet card one way. Select whether you want to receive your card before or after the event in the entry process. If you select before allow 5 working days to receive, you must then return your card post event with your proof of passage and a self addressed envelope for me to return back to you. If you select after send me the proof of passage electronically; photos (of receipts) or GPX and I’ll fill out your brevet card and return.
You will receive all the details of controls, times etc via a ‘do not reply to’ email upon entering; there will be a link within so you can notify me by email up to a second before you depart.
I’m sorry but I will no longer accept postal as I rarely am able to get to the bank. The payment process isn’t Paypal and will accept credit or debit cards.
What others think.
Slaughtered in the Cotswolds. (2017)
The name gives a good indication of the intent, as does the inclusion of a 20% climb around the 175 km mark (Simon Warren: 6/10, ‘this vicious little road’) — but that’s not the whole story. The name also refers to Upper and Lower Slaugther, two small villages in the Cotswolds, and this is a route of many chocolate-box villages and towns. In fact, on a sunny day, this would probably be one of the prettiest routes I have ridden. The climbs have views, looking out over counties. The descents have their villages, with their anchoring churches. The roads are generally decently surfaced, though there are some small, muddy and leafy lanes, with cambers and corners. The cafe at the steam railway station in Toddington was, on a Saturday, full to bursting with cyclists. Very well organized.
Like or loath it? Let others know.
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- Currently only available to Audax UK or CTC/CUK members.
- Current COVID-19 restrictions if applicable, please see Audax UK news.
- Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have eased additional measures may still be undertaken for a successful event. Please check the Event Info Details above.
- Once payment is completed you will receive an email from email@example.com and will be redirected back to a page saying what happens next.
- If you haven't already entered an event on this site then an account will automatically be created when you ENTER.
- You will receive a registration email that will need to be used to validate your address and create a password.
- If you ENTER then don't complete the payment, or go back, you may encounter an error saying 'account already exists' or similar. Look for the password email to validate or use lost password.
- Information specific to this event and generic for the future will be stored in your account.
- You may delete your account at any time but if you do so before the event you remove yourself from the entry list.