Head to Radstock and use The Colliers Way to Nunney. Cut through Frome and across to Rode. Then back to Bristol using The 2Tunnels.
WHEN: +iCalSat 11th June 2022 09:00 - 18:36
WHERE:Warmley Station Bristol And Bath Railway Path Warmley, BS30 5JB
EVENT REVIEW SUMMARY:
Route notes and a variety of navigation files will be available usually the Monday before the event. Use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt.Share this event:
Head out from Warmley along the Bristol & Bath Railway Path. Come off at Saltford and head over the hills to Radstock. Follow the Colliers Way Railway Path to Mells and Nunney; enjoy the castle, stop at the cafe. Make your way to Frome and over to Rode to tuen back towards Bristol, using the 2Tunnels in the afternoon into Bath and back out on the Railway Path once more.
What others think.
My first Audax....
I did this with a friend, Roger who is an experienced Audaxer who kindly “showed me the ropes” and encouraged me along the way. It was a really varied route with testing hills and the surprise element of a very long tunnel which featured its own violin music! The countryside was most attractive and everyone was friendly and supportive – riders, helpers and Will’ himself. I would thoroughly recommend the event.
Excellent Introduction to Longer Distance Rides
Hailing from over the bridge it was lovely to ride through new countryside.
We rode this as it was one of the few Audax that took place in the summer of 2021 due to “One thing and Another”.
I could see it being a great stepping stone to longer 200km and beyond rides, as well as the friendly but quirky world of Audax.
Like or loath it? Let others know.
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- Audax UK Temporary Membership @ £3.00 is required to participate if you aren't an Audax UK or CTC/CUK member; it will be added automatically.
- Current COVID-19 restrictions if applicable, please see Audax UK news.
- Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have eased additional measures may still be undertaken for a successful event. Please check the Event Info Details above.
- Once payment is completed you will receive an email from email@example.com and will be redirected back to a page saying what happens next.
- On the following Stripe payment page use the back arrow by GWR logo to cancel or amend your booking. This will ensure an 'awaiting payment' instance isn't created blocking you from entering at a later time should you desire.
- If you haven't already entered an event on this site then an account will automatically be created when you ENTER.
- You will receive a registration email that will need to be used to validate your address and create a password; this will be required to access further event information found on this page.
- If you ENTER then don't complete the payment, or go back, you may encounter an error saying 'account already exists' or similar. Look for the password email to validate or use lost password.
- Information specific to this event and generic for the future will be stored in your account.
- You may delete your account at any time but if you do so before the event you remove yourself from the entry list.