An outing into the Cotswolds; big hills, little hills and more #wills_hills with chocolate box villages interspersed leading you to The Slaughters. You may use my name in vain.
EVENT REVIEW SUMMARY:
Extensive route notes and a variety of files will be distributed to entrants via email a week or two before the event. In the mean time use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt, especially where rocky outcrops may be present.
A grimpeur showcasing the Cotswolds. Make a beeline to Wootton-under-Edge where the fun begins! Dropping down into old mill towns and climbing back out again you make your way north to Cheltenham and beyond; will you stop at The Flag and Whistle on the Gloucestershire and Worcestershire Steam Railway. Keep going to the quintessential Broadway and climb up again into the Cotswolds turning at Chipping Campden to cruise (well almost) through picturesque countryside and villages including the chocolate box Lower Slaughter and on to Northleach. A ‘relaxing’ stretch follows before entering the valleys and mill towns again for a visit to Dursley. Hold onto your hats and engage low gear for the final steep one before a quick return.
You may start any where on the route but you must get proof of passage when you start and finish.
Entry includes postage of brevet card one way. Select whether you want to receive your card before or after the event in the entry process. If you select before allow 5 working days to receive, you must then return your card post event with your proof of passage and a self addressed envelope for me to return back to you. If you select after send me the proof of passage electronically; photos (of receipts) or GPX and I’ll fill out your brevet card and return.
You will receive all the details of controls, times etc via a ‘do not reply to’ email upon entering; there will be a link within so you can notify me by email up to a second before you depart.
I’m sorry but I will no longer accept postal as I rarely am able to get to the bank. The payment process isn’t Paypal and will accept credit or debit cards.
What others think.
Slaughtered in the Cotswolds. (2017)
The name gives a good indication of the intent, as does the inclusion of a 20% climb around the 175 km mark (Simon Warren: 6/10, ‘this vicious little road’) — but that’s not the whole story. The name also refers to Upper and Lower Slaugther, two small villages in the Cotswolds, and this is a route of many chocolate-box villages and towns. In fact, on a sunny day, this would probably be one of the prettiest routes I have ridden. The climbs have views, looking out over counties. The descents have their villages, with their anchoring churches. The roads are generally decently surfaced, though there are some small, muddy and leafy lanes, with cambers and corners. The cafe at the steam railway station in Toddington was, on a Saturday, full to bursting with cyclists. Very well organized.
Like or loath it? Let others know.
- Temporary Membership @ £3.00 is required if you are not an Audax UK or affiliated CTC/CUK member and will automatically be added to the final cost on pressing enter.
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- At this time COVID-19 restrictions may apply; please see Audax UK news for current situation.
- Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have eased additional measures may still be undertaken for a successful event. Please check the Event Info Details above.
- Once payment is completed you will receive an email from email@example.com and will be redirected back to a page saying what happens next. Please take the time to read so you don't worry about receiving the final route details. I'm working on making the information available here.
- If you don't have an account one will be created upon entry to store all your information specific to this event and generic for the future. You will receive an email with a password. You may delete your account but if you do so before the event you remove yourself from the entry list.
- A unique email is required per booking person until I have time to figure how to enable multiple bookings in an efficient manner.
- If you start without an account and press 'Enter' then don't complete the payment or go back you may encounter an error saying 'account already exists' or similar. Look for the password email to log in.
- If you are a returning rider and you haven't used the password email from previous you may need to use the 'forgotten password' function.
- Account login etc on desktop is on the right or in the footer. On mobile/tablet it is adaptive depending on screen size and may be found in the hamburger menu or footer.