Taking in the sights south of Bristol. Expect a few #wills_hills including King Alfred’s Tower and some beautiful countryside including a lovely gradual descent on a traffic free old rail trail
EVENT REVIEW SUMMARY:
Extensive route notes and a variety of files will be distributed to entrants via email a week or two before the event. In the mean time use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt, especially where rocky outcrops may be present.
Heading out past Chew Valley Lake and over The Mendips to the cathedral city of Wells you can grab a quick coffee or more from the market. Continuing on round the Bishop’s Palace you make your way through Bruton to tackle the climb upto King Alfred’s Tower. The return leg includes a castle, Mells then the Colliers Way, the old rail trail, into the old mining town of Radstock all with a few more #wills_hills before arriving back at Whitehall Garden Centre.
Unfortunately due to the ongoing circumstances the pub stop at Kilmington is looking doubtful. There are various cafes, shops and pubs on the return route that can be used.
Parking at Whitehall Garden Centre. Toilets & outdoor cafe available in the morning. Easily located by car from A37 or bike from Bristol Centre via the Whitchurch Way.
What others think.
Great tough days riding
This was a great ride and brilliantly organised thanks to Will and his team… there is a sting in the tail after Radstock with some challenging ascents…
Great day out, I think Will must have found every 20%+ climb in Somerset and Dorset. Well chuffed to get up them all, good controls & scoff. Special thanks to the “Oldies” at Yeovil working their socks off to feed us all.
Response from Pedalution
Trust me Jim, there are more! 😉
Like or loath it? Let others know.
- Temporary Membership @ £3.00 is required if you are not an Audax UK or affiliated CTC/CUK member and will automatically be added to the final cost on pressing enter.
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- At this time COVID-19 restrictions may apply; please see Audax UK news for current situation.
- Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have eased additional measures may still be undertaken for a successful event. Please check the Event Info Details above.
- Once payment is completed you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will be redirected back to a page saying what happens next. Please take the time to read so you don't worry about receiving the final route details. I'm working on making the information available here.
- If you don't have an account one will be created upon entry to store all your information specific to this event and generic for the future. You will receive an email with a password. You may delete your account but if you do so before the event you remove yourself from the entry list.
- A unique email is required per booking person until I have time to figure how to enable multiple bookings in an efficient manner.
- If you start without an account and press 'Enter' then don't complete the payment or go back you may encounter an error saying 'account already exists' or similar. Look for the password email to log in.
- If you are a returning rider and you haven't used the password email from previous you may need to use the 'forgotten password' function.
- Account login etc on desktop is on the right or in the footer. On mobile/tablet it is adaptive depending on screen size and may be found in the hamburger menu or footer.