An easy winter ride with just a few #wills_hills. Onto the Somerset Levels, pass through Wookey & Wookey Hole before climbing over The Mendips to Chew Lake & Magna. Finish on the Whitchurch Way Railway Path into Bristol.
WHEN: +iCalSat 10th December 2022 07:30 - 18:06
Route notes and a variety of navigation files will be available usually the Monday before the event. Use the interactive map for an overview of what lies ahead (subject to change); toggle the elevation & grade on/off by clicking the key. *Please note plugin's 'grade' is experimental so take it with a pinch of salt.
New for 2022. More coming soon.
Type & Validation
- The route is advisory - you just have to visit the controls and gain proof of passage within time limits where specified; there may be parts that you'd like to take a different route and that is entirely up to you; the time limits for the controls don't change!
- Validation: Instant - you get to take your validated brevet card home straight away at the end of the event.
What others think.
Looking for a gravel bike now
Fantastic route with low traffic volumes, beautiful scenery and quirky features. I hated the gravel to begin with but then just embraced it and now I want more! Difficult experience to beat
Great Gravel Ride
What an amazing route, well done! We had a great day, a few accidental detours and one much needed late lunch. Awesome mixture of on and off road. Thank you for taking the time to plotting this route – Fantastic!
Like or loath it? Let others know.
Bookings are yet to open or have closed
- This event is run in accordance with Audax UK's Regulations and is covered by their insurance.
- At this time COVID-19 restrictions may apply; please see Audax UK news for current situation.
- Additional measures may need to be undertaken for a successful event and for future ones to take place including but not limited to: staggered starts; small groups; postal finish.